Friday, March 18, 2011

Si?

It has been one of those long weeks.(I'll get back to this...))

I find that once Christmas break ends teachers, and by teachers I mean Emily, begin counting down the days 'til the school year ends. Then by about, oh, say the beginning of February they count days and hours. Now the teachers(again, Emily) are counting the minutes, seconds even.
It is painful to watch and entertaining at the same time.

I don't know that I can share any stories here. I'm pretty sure that doing so would break some kind of unspoken code. Somehow not related to ethics.

The weeks go on and they go on. Daylight savings time came around, made us hop ahead one hour, and gave us the good old "take that, you suck" trick. That's how it feels. Hurts initially but, we recover. Spring will come. Oh, thanks heavens it's not so cold. Oh, good a month of rain. Finally, a nice calm sunny day. What? 104 degrees for the next 4 months? What did I do wrong?
Well, daylight savings told you that you suck.

I am definitely in school right now. It is challenging and like anything else I want/ need to do well in I obsess over it. Math. I have never liked it. I never applied myself. Now, I want to destroy it. I want an A so bad it's pretty ridiculous. I want nothing more than to play with the ProTools rid my beautiful wife got me for my birthday. But, I'm afraid. At some point it may distract me from studying the substitution method. So it stays boxed up.
So far on my exams I have a 92% and a 100%. Perfect attendance and the teacher thinks I'm OK.
I don't mind.

I'm riding consistently and nothing could be better. I picked up new tires today and it is as exciting as getting a new guitar pedal. Just more affordable.
Rain is now a piece of cake since I was annihilated in last Thursdays rain storm.
I love riding to work, to class, etc.
I get to ride in tomorrow and find out what I got on my Intro to Music Theory Mid Term. Hopefully and A. Probably a C.

Phewww... what a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment